Our next play
Our next events are September 8 in Edmonton and September 14 in Calgary. Please join us to fight suicide. Full event details and registration will come soon for Calgary, see below for our Edmonton event’s registration.
A winning record so far
Our first goal was to raise awareness in our community. We will never stop doing that, and what’s more, our definition of community has expanded. In the last three years, we have:
- sold 600 tickets to four events
- raised $60,000 for mental health
- distributed 100 branded toques
- involved over 100 people and businesses in our initiatives
- interviewed prominent Albertans about their experiences
- started developing videos and podcasts to share
- developed a community bus concept
- partnered with Village Brewery, Concorde Restaurant Group, Spolumbos, and…
- and learned that neither our provincial nor federal governments have suicide prevention strategies; that places with good ones reduce suicide rates dramatically; and that there are programs being created right now
We also learned that Quebec lowered its rate from 26.5 to 14.6 people per 100,000 in ten years after implementing a program.
To help, you can:
- buy tickets to our events
- buy our beer
- contribute SWAG for our silent auction
- donate money
- kick in time at events or help organize them
- promote our events at your business or on your website
- provide space
Check out our past events for photos and info on how we have supported community.